THE STAINED GLASS WINDOW
The glass in the south windows of the chancel was installed in 1817 and re-set in 1959. It was brought from Basle. The subjects are as follows:
the Choice between Good and Evil, dated 1630.
the Adoration of the Magi, dated 1637.
the Incredulity of St. Thomas (with the Annunciation in the spandrels), dated 1623.
Christ and St. Peter on the sea (with the Apocalyptic Vision in the spandrels), dated 1631.
the Adoration of the Shepherds, the Virgin and Child and St. Anne and the Virgin and Child (with St. Christopher and a female saint in the spandrels), dated 1631.
Each has a German inscription and a shield of arms.
The glass in the east window, representing the Adoration of the Shepherds, was the County Memorial to Lord Lambourne, Lieutenant of the County of Essex, who died in 1928.